The recipe for “fried” summer tomatoes with garlic is ready in 5 minutes | Vegetables
Isn’t it wonderful that we can have fresh tomatoes all year round? This easy “fried” tomato recipe doesn’t have breading like fried green tomatoes, so it’s lighter and healthier.
Tomatoes are quickly cooked in olive oil and garlic and make a tasty side dish for chicken, pork, beef or served over lettuce for a fresh salad. You can even serve them over pasta.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Total duration: 8 minutes
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Heat the olive oil in a stove medium heat. Add the tomato slices, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Flip the tomatoes and add the garlic and herbs, if desired. Cook 1 minute more.
- Flip the tomatoes again to coat them with the garlic and cook for about 1 minute more. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper before serving, if desired.
Need help converting baking and cooking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts. Here is how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds communityand follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.