Out of time? 3 easy-to-prepare Super Bowl snacks
(NEXSTAR) — If you’re anything like me, you probably waited until the last second to put together your Super Bowl menu. No sweating.
Our leaders (
Check out their shopping lists and recipes below:
Bacon and Onion Dip from Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces twice-smoked bacon, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Fry bacon in olive oil until crispy. Remove the bacon. Add the onions and salt to the skillet and cook slowly in the bacon drippings, stirring often, until deeply caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the onions to a bowl with the bacon and let cool. Stir in yogurt and chives.
Pepperoni pizza rolls
- Pre-made pizza dough
- Pizza Sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni (or any pizza toppings you’d like)
- Corn flour (a small amount of cornstarch might also work)
- Olive oil for a crispier crust
- Parmesan and parsley for garnish
- Stretch the dough out on the cookie sheet, but leave enough thickness so that the holes don’t puncture.
- Cover with pizza sauce, but don’t overdo it or the dough will get soggy.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Cover with toppings of your choice
- Roll the dough tight lengthwise into a sausage and cut the rolled dough with a knife.
- Place the cornmeal on a plate and dip the bottom of each roll in the cornmeal, which helps to stick and create a crispy bottom.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil or place parchment paper.
- Arrange the rolls semolina side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with oil for crispier crusts. (optional)
- Bake in preheated 400F oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and/or parsley and serve hot with pizza sauce for dipping.
- 2 pockets of saltene crackers
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
It doesn’t get much easier in this area! Put the crackers and other ingredients in a large Ziploc, combine the ingredients in a bag and shake well. Serve with cream cheese of your choice.