MVHS Hosts 10th Annual Cookies & Cocktails Table
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Assumption Social Center on Youngstown’s west side hosted the 10th annual Cookies and Cocktails Table Saturday night.
First News evening presenter Stan Boney hosted the event.
This event is a signature fundraising event for the Mahoning Valley Historical Society. It recreates traditional Youngstown wedding receptions.
Both amateurs and professionals baked cookies, which were judged by prominent figures in the community. There were 7,500 cookies and it sold to 350 people.
“I think just about everyone is here who has made reservations and we couldn’t be happier to share this tradition with the community, but also to have the community help us support our operations and special projects” , said MVHS director Bill Lawson.
The winners are:
- Best Single Ingredient: Darlene Corfman’s Lavender Shortbread
- Best Ice Cream Flavor Inspired Cookie: Michelle Winkler’s Rocky Road
- Best Decorated Cookie: Shelli DelSignore from Shelli’s Cookies Pink Rose Sugar Cookie
- Best traditional cookie: David Felden’s pizelle
- Third Place: Lady locks by Christy Fullwood from Christy’s Cookies and Candies
- Runner Up: Italian Rainbow Cookies by Belinda Morjock of Dizzy B’s Bakery
- First Place: Shelli DelSignore’s Pink Rose Sugar Cookie from Shelli’s Cookies
- Judge’s Pick (Overall Winner): Heather DeLucia’s Buckeyes from Heather Lynn’s Buckeyes
- Third place: Sugar cookie by Jenna Bornemiss
- Second place: Tarte Ischl by Carissa Benchwick
- First Place: Coffee Sandwich Cookie by Debbie Patoray
- Judge’s Pick (Overall Winner): Cinnamon Pecan Butter Cookie by Jonie Edgar