How to Bake Lizzo’s Famous TikTok Vegan Ice Cream Bread
David M. Benett / Dave Benett / Getty Images; PEOPLE / Sweety High Lizzo (left) and Tway Nguyen aka “Twaydabae”
From pop star to TikTok star!
Lizzo, 33, often shares vegan recipe tutorials, “what I eat in a day” videos and taste tests with her 19 million subscribers on the app. One video – in which she tried squirt mustard on watermelon, duet with designer @yayayayummy – even won her an MTV Video Music Award for best artist x creator collaboration.
In June 2020, the “Rumors” singer showed fans how she makes her vegan ice cream bread. The recipe video, featuring Ben & Jerry’s non-dairy ice cream, has racked up over 250,000 likes on TikTok.
With just a few ingredients and 45 minutes in the oven, bread looks like the perfect sweet treat to share. But is it worthy of a chef’s kiss? While the recipe continues to intrigue internet ice cream lovers, we at PEOPLE decided to put it to the test.
In our new TikTok series celebrity eats, host Tway Nguyen (“Twaydabae”) concocts recipes inspired by her favorite celebrities. Part cooking tutorial, part review and lots of personality, Tway thrills audiences while encouraging them to try the recipes at home and share their results. celebrity eats is produced in partnership with Sweety High, an integrated media platform dedicated to the authentic expression of Generation Z creativity.
Watch as Tway makes Lizzo-inspired ice cream bread – and gets an unexpected “arm workout” while stirring the thick mixture before putting it in the oven. Then try the treat yourself!
Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS (for 1 loaf)
● 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
● 2 teaspoons of baking powder
● ½ teaspoon of salt
● 1 pint of vegan ice cream (Tway and Lizzo used Ben & Jerry’s vegan cookie dough)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the softened dairy free ice cream.
4. Mix well until no more flour remains.
5. It will be sticky, but carefully pour the mixture into the mold and spread it as evenly as possible.
6. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove and let cool.
Follow @people on TikTok to watch Tway recreate more celebrity-approved recipes – from The Rock’s banana pancakes to Selena Gomez’s spicy miso ramen – only on celebrity eats.