50th Anniversary Celebration Food Guide with over 150 Sips and Bites
Magic Calls All Foodies at Walt Disney World Resort 50e birthday celebration – The most magical celebration in the world! Across our four theme parks and beyond, Disney chefs and mixologists have created over 150 sips and bites full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer – with even more to come throughout the 18 month of celebration beginning Oct. 1, according to the Disney Parks Blog.
Walt’s personal recipes, Walt Disney World Resort attractions (past and present), beloved Disney characters and nostalgic 1971 dishes were inspirations for the tasty offerings created for this anniversary celebration.
Walt’s palace was relatively straightforward – definitely a meat and potato guy! Roast lamb, roast beef mince topped with a fried egg, chili and fried chicken were his favorites, along with lemon, apple, chocolate and bread pudding desserts. Disney chefs looked at Walt’s recipes in the archives when planning the 50e Birthday party. The result are delightfully reimagined versions of Walt’s favorites. And many goodies (including the fun EARidescent Sip-a-bration) are infused with EARidescent highlights to add sparkling touches to festive creations.
I’m only highlighting a sample of the limited-time sips and bites in this foodie guide, but we’ve created a Completed online guide so you can see the 150+ fantastic menu items!
To see the 50e the food and drink offerings for the birthday celebration on your mobile device, click here to download the My Disney Experience app or click here to view at Disneyworld.com.
As you celebrate with us, be sure to share your favorite sips and bites using the hashtag # DisneyWorld50.
Let the world’s most magical celebration begin!
Magic Kingdom Park
Aunt Gravity’s galactic goodies
- Uncle Orville Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Sundae – Chocolate and Vanilla Soft Cream, Brownie Chunks, Hot Fudge and Whipped Cream topped with Red, White and Blue Sprinkles Served in a ‘Tub’
Be our guest restaurant
- Squids Revenge Drink – A michelada with a salty edge and topped with charred octopus and cucumber. Watch out, the giant squid is back!
- Pressed Penny Silk Pie – Chocolate pie shell, silky chocolate filling, sweet whipped cream and a pressed chocolate penny
- 50e Celebration Hot Dog – Beef hot dog topped with strawberry and bacon jam, crispy funnel pieces of cake and powdered sugar
Cinderella’s royal table
- Vol Royal 50th Celebration – Vol de Champagne Enchantée – a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunière (Enchantée champagne is sold exclusively at Walt Disney World Resort)
Columbia Harbor House
- Happy Haunts Milkshake – Blackberry milkshake topped with a purple chocolate glazed donut topped with black sprinkles
Cosmic Ray Starlight Coffee
- Mission to Mars – Burger topped with Bacon and Macaroni & Cheese served on a bun sprinkled with cheese crushed cabbage
The Crystal Palace
- Walt’s Buffet Favorites – Chicken Fried Steak, New York Strip Steak, Pork Chops and more!
- The Toad Burger – Burger Brat served on a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and American cheese
Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
- Veranda Fried Rice – Spicy Chili Garlic Shrimp served over Pork Fried Rice with Eggs and Peas (from the original menu of the Verandah restaurant)
- Dumbo Churros – Churros rolled in peanut powder and served with chocolate dip in a Dumbo themed churros bag
- Royal 50th Churro – Churros rolled in strawberry sugar, drizzled with marshmallow cream and sparkling sprinkles served with a chocolate sauce
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- The Banana Boom – Traditional banana split topped with bursting candy and a candied shooting star
- Long live the 50 years! – Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, brownies, cupcakes, cookie crumbles, pretzel rods and hot fudge topped with whipped cream, EARidescent sugar and a Mickey pretzel drizzled with caramel and chocolate frosting (serves 4-6)
Treats from the storybook
- Heigh-Ho Sundae! – Soft chocolate cream, hot fudge, pieces of graham crackers, chocolate chips and whipped cream
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Five Alarm Wings – Wings mixed with mild spicy heat served with ranch dressing for dipping
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Hand Dipped Premium Mickey 50th Celebration Bar – Our classic Nestlé Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar dipped in a blue raspberry flavored coating with celebratory sprinkles and a bit of pixie dust
- Walt’s Chili Cheese Fries – Crispy fries topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce
- Walt’s Favorite Chili on a Foot-Long Hot Dog – A foot-long hot dog served on a hot bun topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Cakes – Almond praline, white chocolate cream, ganache and chocolate-liqueur sauce with South African cream
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Glimmer and Shimmer pineapple mousse – Golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crunch with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake
The Hollywood brown derby
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash topped with an Egg (just like Walt loved it!)
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, Animation Bar
- Shimmer over the Moon – Apple pie moonshine, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice and club soda served with a souvenir light cube
ABC Police Station
- Chocolate mousse – Raspberry dark chocolate mousse, chocolate-almond cake and a layer of hazelnut crunch and whipped chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake
Coral reef restaurant
- Lime tart with toasted meringue, shimmering iridescent EAR, sprinkles and chocolate filling
The EPCOT experience
- EARidescent Croissant Donut – Croissant Donut with blue icing and sprinkles
The Cellier Steakhouse
- Chocolate mousse bar – Dark chocolate mousse, pieces of caramel cookies, milk chocolate shell and chocolate shortbread cookie
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake – Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Chips, and EARidescent Shimmer and Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting 50e birthday garnish
Amorette’s pastry shop
- 50th Celebration Petit Cake – Vanilla mousseline cake with celebratory blue mousse, blueberry jam and lemon cream
- 50e Celebration Chocolate Pack:
- 50th Celebration Ganache Chocolate Bar – Milk chocolate combined with caramel and crunchies for a playful crunch
- 50th Celebration Ganache Square – Celebration cake ganache mixed with sprinkles, coated in 65% dark chocolate and decorated with a shimmering castle design
- Chocolate Pigñata – Chocolate shell filled with cajeta mousse, tender cake (infused with whiskey and vanilla), chipotle bacon crumble, candied orange and Maria cookies. Yes, there is a mallet to smash your piñata! For two.
- Sweet Nostalgia Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Pineapple and Caramel Iced Caramel Upside Down Cake with Chantilly Cream
Italian artisan terralina,
- Whimsical White Chocolate Mousse – White chocolate mousse with salted caramel and cotton candy
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill,
- Banana Caramel Chocolate Sphere – Dark chocolate sphere, vanilla pudding, banana caramel compote, gold powder and chocolate pearls
Le Mara, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Chocolate mousse and cardamom financier
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 50th Anniversary Peanut Butter and Banana Pie – Sweet pie shell filled with peanut butter mousse and banana sauce, topped with chocolate frosting and chocolate decor
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Braised lamb shank with olive oil mashed potatoes, rosemary roasted garlic sauce, blueberry jam and English peas
P & J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
- Chicken cupcake trio
- Fried chicken and apple fritters, apple pie filling and vanilla buttercream
- Peas and carrots-cream with strawberries, white chocolate icing and M & M’S Mini “peas”
- Simili-mashed potatoes-SNICKERS mousse cupcake, caramel buttercream and STARBURST “butter”
Grand Floridan Café, Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole – Crispy custard puff filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors of spicy cinnamon apples and whipped cream
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Spam-Cheddar cookies with white sauce and drizzled with honey
Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla Cupcake with DOLE Whip Pineapple Center, Tropical Fruit Salsa and Pineapple Macaroon
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake, cake-tasting mousse and caramel-butterscotch frosting topped with crispy pearls, 50th anniversary nuggets and a whimsical gold Mickey Mouse
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Petit Stump Cake – Chocolate cake with buttercream filling for birthday cake surrounded by a chocolate “bark” fondant topped with a 50th anniversary chocolate piece
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 50th Celebration Pie – Birthday cake mousse dome on a vanilla pie shell filled with milk chocolate mousse with mini crispy chocolate pearls, buttercream, fondant and chocolate decor
Available at select table service restaurants, lounges and pool bars at our four theme parks and resorts
- EARidescent Sip-a-bration (Soft Drink) – Premium Minute Maid Lemonade and Fruity Strawberry Punch served in a 50th Anniversary Keepsake Cup with a surprise character and a little bit of magic!
- Magical Beacon Cocktail – Gin, blue curacao, Minute Maid Premium lemonade, barley syrup (almond), lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a souvenir glow cube
Our classic Nestlé Mickey’s premium ice cream bar has a new festive wrapper featuring Mickey in his best EARidescent!
This story was originally posted by Disney Parks Blog and written by Karen McClintock, Head of Food & Beverage Content Relations, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.